Cornwall Tourism Development Fund
The Cornwall Tourism Development Fund was established in 2019 to support efforts to grow tourism activity in the City of Cornwall.
The fund has two streams:
– The Festivals and Special Events Stream provides support to festivals (new or existing), conferences, major sporting events and other events that demonstrate the capacity to attract a significant number of visitors to Cornwall.
– The Attractions and Tourism Product Development Stream provides support for enhancements to or the creation of new infrastructure, business, product offering or facility that will result in a measurable improvement to the tourism offering in Cornwall.
Application intake is continual throughout the year.
Applications will be assessed to determine their suitability to achieving the following expected results, where applicable:
– Increase in tourist attendance, overnight stays and visitor spending in Cornwall
– Overall economic impact of the project
– Positive regional, provincial, national or international exposure for Cornwall
– Enhancement of Cornwall’s tourism offering
– Strengthening of Cornwall’s position as a visitor destination
– Support or creation of direct and/or indirect jobs
Applicants can apply for up to $20,000 in funding. Consideration may be given to projects requiring higher levels of funding in unique circumstances where the project stands to have a significant and measurable impact on tourism visitation to Cornwall.
Please note the Cornwall Tourism Development Fund is a discretionary program with a limited funding allocation. In some cases, a project that meets all program criteria may not be approved for funding as other projects may more effectively meet the criteria.
Please download the application form and save it to your computer before filling it out. Once completed you can save the complete application and submit by email or in hard copy.
There will be continual intake of applications for the Fund.
Applications will be reviewed by an Advisory Committee made up of community stakeholders who will make recommendations to the Board of Directors of the Tourism Development Corporation of Cornwall.
The Board of Directors will meet on a monthly basis to provide a final review of applications. If successful, the application will be approved and funds dispersed.
Completed applications (along any supporting documentation) should be mailed, emailed or delivered to:
City of Cornwall
100 Water Street East (Cornwall Civic Complex)
Cornwall ON K6H 6G4
(613) 930-2787 ext. 2285
Source of Funds
The TDF consists of money collected annually by the City of Cornwall through the administration of the Municipal Accommodation Tax (MAT).
For additional information on the Municipal Accommodation Tax, please click here.
Administration of the Fund
The TDF will be administered by the Tourism Development Corporation of Cornwall, an independent not-for-profit corporation that operates under a service agreement with the City of Cornwall. The TDCC will be governed by a Board of Directors, who will be responsible for expensing the Fund.